Nate's finalization Nov. 2009

Monday, October 1, 2007

Love Me Do

Welcome to October!! Down Syndrome Awareness Month, and also my personal favorite month of the year. It may have something to do with the fact that my mom was a Halloween nut. She loved to transform our house every year. It was always so fun. I love the changing colors on the trees (though I just have to imagine them now-- these pesky trees in too-warm-Arizona don't change colors). I just returned a couple of days ago from Wyoming. I got to see some pretty autumn colors there.
My brother got married, and his new wife Jennifer chose Fall colors as her wedding theme. Loved it!
I also got to meet Crimson, their 6 month old daughter, for the first time. She is so pretty! My boys were in awe of her. she was a lot of fun to be around, such a happy baby! After the wedding, we stayed with my mom (a.k.a. Grandma Bear) for a week to spend some time with our family there. The boys love being around family! They got pretty spoiled. They loved every minute of it. We went to a "jam session" at the senior center with Grandma Clair. The boys loved the music, and got up to dance with mom and grandma. Todd and Jen came with Crimson. Here is a picture of her with Grandma Clair. A couple of funny things the boys did while in WY.... One night while helping Luke say his prayers, I said "now tell Heavenly Father what you're thankful for". He said... "Um.... Emma and Jakey's house" (his friends- my best friends kids). I said "good, what else?" ummmm.... Grandma's house. "good, Luke. anything else?" ummmmm..... Home Depot. (snicker, snicker) "good, Luke! " (note to self, tell Scott what a huge influence he is on the boys!) It was so cute. Then another night, mom went to get in some comfortable clothes, and came back out in some pretty silky pajamas. Terry literally gasped and said "oh grandma bear, you look BEAUTIFUL!!" My heart just swelled at this sweet boys words. every grandma needs to hear how beautiful she is! It made mom feel pretty good. Here is my favorite picture of my mom with Todd after his wedding.

On the adoption homefront- NO NEWS. blah. I want some news. I want to rush off to Serbia and bring home our little princess. I want her to be HOME for the Buddy Walk (ours is Oct. 27), but there is just no way that is going to happen. With any luck, we'll be in Serbia on that date. For any strangers to the Buddy Walk, it is to promote Down Syndrome Awareness. visit the website for National Down Syndrome Society for more info, or the site for our local organization - Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona - to sponsor a Buddy Walk team.

No comments:

Luke the Belly Popper

Spread the Word to End the Word