Nate's finalization Nov. 2009

Monday, October 8, 2007

I've learned my lesson the hard way on why we keep the Sabbath day Holy. I Believe this is a true principle, and I'm pretty good at applying it-- most of the time. Yesterday there was one load of laundry left that I hadn't gotten to on Saturday. I knew Monday was going to be hectic with getting the bedrooms empty for new carpet, then re-filling the bedrooms again. Tuesday was going to be nuts with having the in-laws come into town, and having Luke sealed to us in the Temple (a religious ceremony that binds him to our family FOREVER-visit www.mormon.org for more info. It is the way we "finalize" his adoption in a religious manner). And a pair of pants I wanted was in that last load of laundry. So, while I don't typically don't do laundry on the Sabbath day, I had rationalized it enough in my head to just throw in this one load. Well--- my washer broke. right between the wash and rinse cycle. So the drum was still full of water. and everything still had soap in it. Oh, joy. We were planning on buying a new washer by this summer, and we really would have preferred this one lasted until then. But, I guess I had a lesson to learn. an expensive one at that.

No comments:

Luke the Belly Popper

Spread the Word to End the Word