Nate's finalization Nov. 2009

Monday, December 3, 2007





Christmas Tree Update. I love our tree this year. it is great big, and smells SOOOO good. We have never been able to resign ourselves to a fake tree, thank heavens. Anyway, the only Snafu so far, was when Scott cut off the nice straight branch at the top... you know, the one that would have been PERFECT to put the star on. He snipped it, and I about went into convulsions. I asked him why, and he said it was just a bare branch and added nothing to the tree. Men are so one dimensional sometimes :0). I reminded him about the STAR, but it was too late by that time. So we make do. And the rest of the tree is lovely. This is Landon's favorite time of the year. He loves decorating the tree. My new favorite picture of him is at the top. Luke was hilarious. he found one spot to put ornaments, and they ALL went there. Scott tried to move some, spread it out a little, but I wouldn't let him. I think it is adorable. That is the reason we HAVE kids. To make the Christmas tree special. I love our "bottom heavy" tree. To me it says "Hey, I have kids! Finally! look at at all the ornaments on the first 3 feet of the tree! My KIDS did that!" Here is a picture of Luke's "ornament spot". You can't see them all in the picture, but there are 10 ornaments all clumped together. and it is my favorite spot on the tree. Landon was pretty good about spreading his out. It seems weird to have some ornaments that still say "Terry" and "Abe". Oh, which reminds me-- Landon's bio dad did appeal the court ruling, so we are in for the long haul again. We may or may not have it all wrapped up by next Christmas. I REALLY wanted him to start kindergarten with Landon being his LEGAL name, but oh well.
STILL no word on Aunika. *sigh*. We really wanted her home for Christmas. But I guess it will BE like Christmas when we bring her home, no matter what time of year it is. The boys have been talking about her non-stop. They are so excited about her. And Jasmina is still going to try to talk the ministry into letting us bring home 2 children, but she insists we do not get our hopes up. It would be so Awesome if we could bring home 2! Sounds like I already have my hopes up. It would also help us feel like there was a reason behind us having to give up sweet Kasia.
Well, time to fix some lunch for the munchkins.

No comments:

Luke the Belly Popper

Spread the Word to End the Word